Sunday, November 05, 2006

Two More Quickies

Can get married- lah!
...well at least that's what I can hear my aunts saying right about now. Why? Because as you know, all Indian women must know how to cook but more than that, all Indian women must know how to cook curry. Since I finally found it in me to ask mom to teach me how to make it, yours trully is now able to make a (reasonably) decent curry and what do you know, it's as easy as...well making curry is as easy as eating it- for lack of a better comparison! But I'm told every family has its secret curry recipe and my only regret is not learning what mine is from my patti (grandma). Mom doesn't know it either. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if we even had one! I should ask my aunts the next time I see them...


Haaaaave a good one!
Last weekend was Guy Fawks weekend and according to the New Zealand fire department, this has been the worst yet- bonfires gone wrong, local 'kampung' boys trying to play scientists, third degree burns, and half a dozen other fire related accidents. I didn't have to light crackers of my own- all I had to do was take a peek from my deck. I've still yet to ask anyone how Guy Fawks came about but I know for a fact that it's now a kiwi thing 'cause they have it in the U.K too and possibly other parts of the world. Just in case you're wondering though, it's the only day of the year where fireworks/crackers is legal.

The view from my deck


No comments: