Monday, November 27, 2006

Turn, Turn, Turn, TURN!

It's been a really long time since I last heard something that hit so close to home. Tony's (my pastor) message today hit so many nerves in me, I lost count how many! Despite the fact that I mostly kept awake last night, I was surprised to find myself sitting upright the whole time listening to all he had to say.

Tony spoke about there being a time for all kinds of seasons- or was it a season for all kinds of time?!- and he quoted a verse in the bible relating to it, though I can't for the life of me remember what the verse (serves me right for not taking down notes, ey). Right then, I was reminded of that Beatles' song; you know, the one that goes "to everything turn, turn, turn, turn. There is a season turn, turn, turn, turn..." or something like that. Anyway, so then I thought about my previous post and why I felt that way.

I reckon it was God's way of making me take a step back and re-evaluate my feelings, the things I've done, my thoughts, etc. Like a time for this particular season in my life, if you will. Perhaps He felt this was the only way He could get me to get back to Him. Can He do that- allow doubt to come into the picture? Or is doubt the sole doing of one's own mind? I don't doubt Him, that's for sure. But what I DO doubt is myself and the choices I've made. Does that make sense?

While I haven't completely found all the answers to my questions, some light has been shed. I may not know what lies ahead, but I accept that God is in total control and He knows. He knows. He. Knows. As for now, that is good enough for me. My Creator knows me and what is best for me.

No comments: