Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Happiness is...

...two things I thought I'd never pick up:

  1. Drinking coffee just because and not because I need that cafeine injection to stay up late working on assignments or cramming so I don't stuff up my finals. Those Flat Whites are just so soothing
  2. Reading for the pleasure of it, not because I have to but because it's one of the best 'alone' things to do.
  3. Although, I have to confess that for me, those things have to be done hand in hand. One cannot come without the other. I never understood what some of my friends meant when they said "there's nothing like curling up to a good book with a cuppa next to you". But I think now I do. I spent most of my day doing just that yesterday at this amazing little cafe I discovered near my place. I think I've been watching too much TV, where the character would get all comfy on her regular spot at the cafe couch and read while sipping a hot cup of coffee. Nonetheless, it was fun 'reenact' that scene and bury myself in Joshua Harris' I Kissed Dating Goodbye. It didn't have to be a thick novel; all I needed was something to read and that was perfect, seeing as how I've always wanted to have a read of that book. Better now while I'm still single, I suppose...

But, I still maintain that I'm not a coffee addict. It's just one of those things you do once in a while when you need to get away but can't quite retreat to the nearest island/beach.

*********************************************************************
Just this month alone I know FOUR people who've been diagnost with cancer. Suddenly, the phrase "spreading like cancer" has never been so real! Some detected it early and are undergoing chemo, others are at the later stages.


Dear God, why is this happening?! What're you trying to do?! Why do they all have to be family?! What's becoming of life?! They're all good people! They don't deserve this! You know they don't!

Why? Why? Why?!

No comments: