Sunday, September 30, 2007

Of Comfy PJ's and Comfy-er (I know it's not in the dictionary) Flatties


So I'm finally sitting down to do my long over due readings (well, I will once I've posted this entry); Readings that were meant to be completed during my holidays about two weeks ago; Reaadings that WILL cost me my grade should I decide to tell them to take a hike; Reaadings that are quite gruelling; Readings that drone on and on...AND ON about New Zealand media policies and politics; Readings that I absolutely have to finish before Wednesday, lest I flunk the assignment that's due a week from now.

I sit here with my comfy shorts and my favorite stripped long-sleved t-shirt ater a nice shower, smelling of lavander. My hair pulled back with a pink gripper that make some of the shorter strands fall on my face, and my black square-framed glasses sitting loosely above my nose. And with all my colored pens and highlighters, I am ready to take on this challenge. The plan is to finish two out of the eight readings I have before I get to bed tonight. Will it be possible? I'm not sure; Will it be absolutely positively dreadful? Not all of it I hope, but I'm still optimistic that it's do-able; Will I try and get this challenge under my belt? You bet your bedroom slippers I am!

Oh, and I should also peobably mention that I've a well fed-now-I-can-concerntrate stomach now. It was just one of those nice Sundays where both my flatmates and I were home so we had dinner together- definitely not something we do often enough because of our whack time-tables. You know, this is one of the very many moments I treasure about this flat. I've two beyond amazing girls with whom I share it with and let me tell you, that makes ALL the difference! Oh, and because I'm the youngest, I can bring out the child in me a little more often and get away with it....or so I like to think!

Ok, ok. So, here I go! Media Comm, I shalt conquer thee...even if it's the last thing I do!

No comments: