Friday, March 09, 2007

Lessons and a Beautiful Stranger

Gosh, I can't believe it's already the third month of the year! Excuse the cliched and over-used phrase but seriously, I'm still getting over the new year and my course, let alone the month! I had an intense week and I learnt a few important lessons.

The first being that one of the most important rule in TV land is NEVER FORGET TO HAVE AT LEAST 5 SCONDS OF PRE-ROLE before and after a shot! Either I didn't bother to pay attention in class, or nobody told me that; I'm banking on the latter =) As a result, post production was a huge problem- I'd rather not bother with the details- and come submission, all I can say is I didn't like the final outcome that we handed in. I think it may very well be grade altering. It was an expensive lesson which I don't intend to repeat. EVER! Better now than in the middle of my first career defining movie I suppose...but I'd like to sulk about it a little more. I'm not ready to move on just yet. Perhaps at the end of the week. Perhaps in a few more hours. Perhaps.

But, on a totally different note, I did something I never thought I'd ever do. See, I've always been a wee bit shy when it comes to meeting total strangers. It's usually no more than an acquaintanceship (yes, it IS a word; I checked!) and it takes me quite a while to move past that into the friendship stage. However, I was at the movies the other day by myself when I was walking away from the ticket counter after purchasing "Notes on a Scandal" (bad movie; I wonder how it received nominations at the recent awards season). There was this someone who was pacing the lobby, clearly still undecided on what he was going to watch. From a simple "not sure what to watch?", we snowballed into a nearly 2 hour conversation about nothing and (almost) everything at the same time. I was blown away by the fact that I actually held up a chat for so long with a total and complete stranger; a regular passer-by. Apparently, he was too. I surprised myself. It was a good surprise though.

Life really is filled with little surprises that come every now and again. I think it's these little surprises that make all the difference in the world. On that note, have a super weekend while I become a total geek for another weekend. I've plenty of readings to catch up on, which will prove to be quite challenging seeing as how I was so looking forward to putting my feet up and sipping wine and having some downtime this weekend...

1 comment:

mythsn_legends said...

SOOooooo, What happened to the Beautiful Stranger? :)