Monday, February 05, 2007

The Smell of Green

I learned someting new today: how to use the lawn mower. Back home (yeah, somehow I can't seem to shake of the fact that home is no longer Kuala Lumpur), I never had much of a lawn to mow- all I had was this green patch of unruly grass growing that we refered to as our "garden". But now, ah, now is a different story altogether. So anyway, I thought I'd give Daddy a break this week since he was helping me fix my curtains and let me tell you, mowing the lawn is NOT a piece of cake. But I actually found myself having a wee bit of fun against all odds. Okay, so it wasn't as bad as I had pictured it to be.

So, about 45 minutes later, I stood at the end of the lawn and breathed in the pride of my work. It was one of the best smells ever: the smell of freshly cut grass plus my great achievement. This, my friends, is the smell of green.

I think I shall give it another go sometime soon.

2 comments:

Rachs said...

and a pat on ya back for that achievement! Great Job gal! Surely daddy is proud of ya! =)
hehe..so looks like a gd 'gym class' eh!?..

btw..get a chat box la..more convenient to just leave a msg there.

mythsn_legends said...

I love the smell of freshly cut grass too! oh and the smell of rain is real nice! lol....