Thursday, December 28, 2006

More Pictures


No, this was NOT taken at the mall. It was in fact, someone's extravagantly decorated HOUSE. I know I sound like a "jakun" but I've not seen anyone back home go thru such amazing lengths to decorated thier homes for Christmas so this came a bit of a surprise for me. Someone mentioned in passing that it's family tradition passed down from father to son. A-MAY-ZING. isn't it?

Kids playing with "snow". It's actually foam but shhhh....don't tell =) It NEVER snows in Auckland so this is as close as you'll probably ever get.


My first real tree in 19 years! I take absolutely no credit for decorating it though...




Instead of partaking the boxing day madness we decided to opt for solitude at an island 45 minutes away from Auckland. This is Waiheke (pronounced wai-hee-kee) Island.




On the way to Waiheke. View from the ferry.

No comments: