Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Great is Thy Faithfulness

You'd be pleased to know that I actually won the war (refer to previous post) and came out well and kicking at the other end, no thanks to that stupid "Diflam Forte"! Turns out, all I really needed were paracetamol are razene to do the trick. Oh, and nearly a dozen lemon-flavoured Throaties which one of my flatmates was so awesome to get me some =)

But that's really not the point of this post. My post today is to celebrate my God's goodness, nay, FAITHFULNESS to me. See, for the longest time, I thought He'd forgotten all about me and left me to cry in the corner somewhere. And just when I thought things couldn't get worse, He took one of my uncles away from me. An uncle I didn't quite get to say goodbye to; an uncle who thought me how to play the first few bars of 'Silent Night' on the harmonica; an uncle who despite his short temper, I still loved and appreaciated; an uncle who made my 12th or 13th Christmas one of the best memories ever; an uncle I so wish I got to spend more time with. My dearest uncle Edwin. I was mad at God for taking him away so soon. I was even more mad at the fact that I left with the complete assurance that I would be back this year to see him and spend time with him. And now I will never have that. I think I'm finally realizing the enormity of loosing him as I write this...

But I also believe that things happen for a reason. I don't mourn his going-away because I don't want to remember him like that. I want to remember him as he was on my 13th Christmas. That is how I want to always remember him. I'm not mad at God no more. I don't know why He had to take my Uncle Edwin but I know. I guess sometimes He takes away in order to make room for another thing He wants to give...my heart will still bless His name

It's like that song by Chris Tomlin:
"You give and take away
You give and take away;
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name"

So, no, He hasn't forgotten me. Just when I'm about to let out yet another cry of frustration, He renews my faith in Him by showing me His faithfulness. My God is a faithfull God. I now know.

No comments: