Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I Can't Believe I Was Awake Watching This

So, I was awake, along with perhaps 70% of the Hollywood population and 7% of its journalists, to see who got nominated for what category of this year's Oscars, though they were probably not as relaxed as me. They were probably glued to their idiot boxes (they very medium in which thousands of others get glued to their idiot boxes watching them) anxiously waiting to see if their names were up for nominations and who they were competing against.

No, I didn't set my alarm for this. I couldn't sleep is all. Frankly, I couldn't care much about the announcement ceremony or whatever it is they call it. If anything, I'd just watch the delayed (not even live) telecast of the actual night. I personally would much rather watch the Grammys for the simple fact that it's heck of a lot more entertaining but I'm in no way belittling Hollywood award shows. It's just a personal preference.

So, at 2.30 in the morning, and here I am watching Salma Hayek punching in the air going, “YES!” at the announcement of Penelope Cruise being nominated for best actress for her role in Volver.

What do I have to say about the nominations in general? Well, I'm glad Meryl Streep was up for her superb performance in The Devil Wears Prada, though I think the movie as a whole was nothing much to shout about. She however, was a-may-zing- the only reason that made my 8 bucks worth while. Also, I reckon it's about time they included Kate Winslet in for an award. I've always thought she did good work. It's hard to say if she'll bag it seeing as how she's competing with really great actors, but then again, who's to say, ey?

The fact that Helen Miren, Jennifer Hudson, Kate Blanchet, Kate Winslet, Will Smith and Leonardo DeCaprio are all in the list means I should go watch these movies. Only then will I dare to say anything else. I should probably see for myself what the hype is all about.
I thought blogging about this might get me sleepy but no! I'm still WIDE AWAKE!!! Gosh, now what am I gonna do? I need to sleep! Should I take a pill or something? I mean, I don't know WHY I'm still awake...

No comments: