Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Bising-ing

It never cease to amaze me how certain parties are always blowing willy-nelly things up in epic proportion, making a great deal out of nothing. I was blog surfing again today when I came across Patrick Teoh's Tokok. I read there that Malaysia has just launched some mega huge ferris wheel that's supposed to give you a view of Kuala Lumpur once you're at the top. Then, thanks to the power of hypertext, I landed myself on MyCen News and there it was among the major headlines: "Michelle Yeoh photograph causes media stir in Malaysia"

Apparently, dear Pak Lah was photographed having his hand on the former bond girl's bare shoulder at a dinner ceremony recently. A certain opposition Islamic political party wasn't too happy about it of course. PM? Religeous person? Eh, tak boleh! Dosa besar, ni! And so they went on to seize coppies of the tabloid newspaper containing that sinful picture- on the front cover, no less!

I mean, seriously, get a life, loosers! As if we don't have more pressing issues to deal with! So what if he had his hand on her shoulder? He's not going to die and go to hell for that, you know?! You want to write about pressing matters? War; is a problem. Poverty; is a problem. Serial killers on the loose; is a problem. Corruption; is a problem. Man's hand on woman's shoulder? Yeah, it's a catastrophe! *smiriks*

This is the problem with Malaysian media: lack of priority. A few months ago, singer Siti Nurhaliza announced matrimony and at the same time, Indonesia was hit by a second tsunami. I'll give you 5 bucks if you can guess which one made the front cover. Well, it certainly WASN'T the latter! What IS WRONG with our people? (Yeah, I'm still Malaysian).

You might say that it's not my place to say stuff about Malaysia because I left that place in search of a better future. But I'll always have a Malaysian part of me and since I am still a Malysian citizen, I think I have every right to buat bising and say what I think.

So again, with millions of other REAL problems going on, who'd actually give a toss about little things? So, she got married. Plenty of people do it all the time- several times in fact for some.

I find this whole thing inherrently laughable, as May Yin would put it. Quite ammusing indeed. But the fact that I'm actually blogging about this means I really DO need to get a job!

1 comment:

mythsn_legends said...

TELL ME ABOUT IT man!!! The nonsense the malaysian media is cooking up...
Btw, where did u see that article with michelle yeoh and pak lah? Do send me that article or picture pls! ;)
Happy New Year to you babes! Muaks!